It is difficult to find an adult smoker who will not regret his first cigarette and dream of giving up his addiction. Unpleasant smells, discomfort during flight or work, will be punished for smoking, condemning the sight of passers-by and family members, the health hazards, which are paid for with personal money (in addition, the money is considerable)-This is not a complete list, and it cannot prompt people to give up the packaging they dream of. Despite all the disadvantages, people often think about why it is impossible to quit smoking suddenly, or whether this would be an advantage.
Within the smoker
Among ordinary people and doctors, there are two camps that have fundamentally different methods of eliminating nicotine addiction. Some people think that "the tail has not been cut off", while others think that if you suddenly quit smoking, the health consequences may be unexpected.
Under the continuous influence of nicotine on the human body, some natural processes have been modified:
- The tissue is continuously hypoxic. Red blood cells combine with carbon monoxide and no longer carry oxygen. This is very dangerous for pregnant women, especially in the first and third trimesters.
- Improved immunity. The human body is often poisoned by nicotine and other harmful components of tobacco and is accustomed to self-defense. < saliva>Wash the mouth with saliva. The saliva carries resin deposited on the teeth and mucous membranes into the stomach, causing gastritis, other digestive diseases and nausea.
- The work of the central nervous system is disrupted, the brain continues to lack oxygen, and the transmission of nerve impulses along the fibers slows down.
- Smoking stimulates adrenaline levels, which can lead to increased pressure, dilate blood vessels and make the heart beat faster.
- The brain produces dopamine due to gasping. Hormones produce pleasure and form habits. The longer a person smokes, the longer he needs to get pleasure through his tobacco.
- The blood thickens and the artery walls become brittle. People who like to raise have a much higher number of strokes and heart attacks than non-smokers.
A particular danger is drinking and smoking at the same time. These destructive ingredients put double pressure on the heart and blood vessels. The brain, which consumes most of the oxygen and nutrients in the blood, is first affected by alcohol and carbon monoxide.
In addition to nicotine, cigarettes also contain many harmful ingredients, the most dangerous is identified:
These elements can cause lung cancer, esophageal cancer, oral cancer, laryngeal cancer, and pancreatic cancer.
In men, the early loss of sexual function is delayed erection at a young age due to circulatory diseases. The quality of semen is impaired and sperm cell activity is reduced, leading to complete or partial infertility.
Cigarettes usually prevent women from getting pregnant quickly, and the mechanism of follicular maturation is destroyed. The main female sex hormone of smokers, estrogen levels, drops, menopause becomes faster, and libido is impaired. Women often continue to smoke with their children, which can cause fetal hypoxia, and this disease will appear at birth or later. The risk of premature delivery, stillbirth and severe poisoning is high.
The body's response to sudden cessation of smoking
It is important to understand what happens when a person suddenly decides to quit smoking and what are the consequences. It's hard to refuse, but it recovers faster. It should be understood that the longer the smoking period, the more difficult the period of abstinence that is usually allowed:
- The first day. Joy, inspiration, belief in success, the body does not yet understand anything.
- Day 2. The first signs of "exit" began to appear, and people began to realize changes in lifestyle. I am irritable and I want to smoke.
- Day 3. All thoughts revolve around cigarettes, it is difficult to fall asleep, and my heart is full of emptiness. There may be a rash and peeling of the skin.
- Day 4. The oxygen in the blood becomes more, it is easier to breathe, and sleep can be relaxed and intermittent. Someone noticed slight swelling of the head, ears, and limbs.
- Day 5. At peak times, the desire to smoke becomes unbearable and the possibility of breakdown is high. Coughing occurs, mucus is difficult to pass, the color is dull, and the smell is unpleasant. Aroma and taste acquire new shades, become brighter and richer.
- Day 6. My sleep was disturbed again, my hands trembled, and my mood changed from aggressive to depressed.
- Day 7. The body got rid of nicotine addiction. From this moment on, any desire to raise is only related to a habit, a psychological attachment. It is worth deleting everything that causes cravings and simulating familiar situations in different ways. Use a sip of tea instead of morning coffee, collect Rubik's Cube for phone conversations, etc.
Over time, the human body will clean the decay products by itself and remove all accumulated resin and toxins. The volume of the lungs will be restored, the brain will begin to work more efficiently, thinking will become clearer, and learning ability will be enhanced. Sleep will become deep, full, tired, and mood swings will disappear.
First of all, the immune system is weakened, and a person can easily catch a cold. In this context, bronchitis, tracheitis, laryngitis, and stomatitis often occur. The sound can change its tone, becoming hoarse and hoarse. You should understand the reasons for these phenomena, and it is related to the reorganization of the body to a nicotine-free state. It is recommended to feed yourself by taking vitamins, immune stimulants (ginseng, enterococcus).
Whether to exit the habit
Quitting smoking is definitely worth it, and the overall benefits far outweigh the temporary inconvenience. To reduce the negative impact, you can:
- Participate in sports. Physical exercise can accelerate the metabolic process, blood circulation, improve heart function, improve mood, promote good sleep and stabilize blood pressure. The elderly and unprepared people need to gradually increase the burden from long-term active walks and gymnastics.
- Review nutrition. Fill your diet with high-quality, healthy products, and eliminate fast food and other food waste.
- In the first stage, drink a medicine that dilutes sputum to promote its excretion.
- Don't drink alcohol. Alcoholic beverages are useless by themselves. Under your influence, you want to smoke more.
- Instead of herbal tablets, good results can be obtained by decoction of herbal coltsfoot, calf, nettle, and elecampane.
Every living being is an individual, when and how should elderly people with a series of chronic diseases plan to quit smoking.
In some cases, doctors really recommend reducing the number of cigarettes, but they cannot eliminate them completely.
In some cases, people hesitate to quit smoking suddenly because of fear of negative consequences:
- Abnormal blood pressure. Patients with high blood pressure and those with low blood pressure are confident that rejection will worsen their condition. The doctor will help you choose a drug that can stop the body's reaction, and the situation will stabilize over time.
- Overweight. Many girls and men are afraid to gain weight. Smoking does prevent hunger, but cigarettes alone cannot reduce weight. First, if you want to smoke, food can make up for the feeling of emptiness. The taste is fresher and the food looks more attractive. If you use it consciously, you can even lose weight.
- Pregnant. A woman usually finds an interesting situation in 6-8 weeks, and harmful factors should be eliminated immediately without causing harm to her or the fetus.
- Tuberculosis. It is psychologically difficult for people to quit smoking, which puts them under stress and slows their recovery. In each case, the doctor will tell you whether to do this when you are sick or to wait for a cure, and then forget to smoke forever.
It is believed that the use of weed and cannabis oil helps to quit smoking. The bronchi and lungs clear faster, the nervous system calms down and the process becomes easier. There is no objective evidence for this, and smoking marijuana, marijuana and other marijuana products are no less harmful to humans than nicotine cigarettes.
In order to relieve psychological discomfort, people try to replace cigarettes with electronic hookah, hookah, and vape. Inhalation of vapors saturated with substances of unknown origin (usually there is no clear mixture composition and filling station), which is very harmful, it is:
- Stimulates the bronchi and lungs.
- Contains heavy metals and toxic substances.
- Causes allergies.
- Steam causes bronchopulmonary disease.
Waterpipe smoke contains more carbon monoxide than cigarette smoke. All dressings have a pleasant aroma, which can encourage people to inhale deeper, and a large amount of substances contained in them enter the blood. The WHO said at a meeting in 2008 that e-cigarettes have not been proven as an alternative treatment for smoking cessation.
Consequences of sudden rejection
The most difficult thing is to go through the cancellation period. Many people are psychologically difficult to admit that they will always say goodbye to their lives. Although this is negative, this kind of action is usually accompanied by:
- Feeling empty.
- Reduced body tone.
- Mood swings.
- Loss of concentration, confusion.
- Performance drops.
Physiological reactions may include:
- Loss of sleep and appetite.
- Temperature rise.
- Pain, sore throat.
- Coughing attacks.
- Headache, migraine.
- The pressure drops.
- The heartbeat increases.
- Common respiratory diseases.
According to the length of service, the number of cigarettes smoked per day, age and the health of the person, the symptoms disappear from one month to one year, gradually losing their severity.
Quitting smoking is a step towards a new free life. No cigarettes:
- Health is improved;
- Increased self-esteem; Conflicts with non-smoking relatives are resolved.
- Save money.
Quitting addiction has many benefits. Among the disadvantages of the rapid rejection of nicotine, one can only notice temporary psychological inconvenience, a period of withdrawal, and short-term happiness decline due to the adjustment of the body's structure.